Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blogging in The Classroom

For my assignment I chose to read Kimberly Pierce's Blog. It enlightened me to discover others were also beginners to Blogging. It also gave me more confidence in my computer skills. It is not hard it just takes practice.
I think Blogging in the classroom is a great teaching tool. It gives students the ability to pass on important information to each other. This provides a way to open communication between others in the classroom. Some students may never realize how much they have in common with another student until they read their blog.
Classroom Blogs also give students the opportunity to share photos, contact others electronically and gain confidence in their computer skills. It also provides fast and efficient methods of using spreadsheets and address books. A students grade is always easily accessed. This is good for teachers, students and parents.
I really can't find many minuses concerning Blogging. However, It does give a student the opportunity to get carried away in exploration on the computer. They may find themselves searching a subject that is not required or they may get lost reading other classmates Blogs and forget the time.

No comments: